I just placed my order for Dropcam's newest product the Dropcam PRO. The upgraded camera offers 2x sharper image quality, 8x zoom, 130 degree field of view, and an enhanced two-way talk compared to the previous model now simply called Dropcam. With the previous year old model having over 1100 reviews on Amazon including the numerous best sellers rankings such as:
- #10 in Camera & Photo (See Top 100 in Camera & Photo)
- #4 in Camera & Photo > Surveillance Cameras
- #5 in Electronics > Security & Surveillance
- #5 in Baby > Safety > Monitors
It's also no brainer that with only a week on the market, the HD model has already shot to the top!
- #1 in Home Improvement > Safety & Security > Home Security & * Surveillance > Complete Surveillance Systems
- #1 in Electronics > Security & Surveillance
- #1 in Camera & Photo > Surveillance Cameras
I should be receiving it tomorrow and will let you know how easy the setup is in real life, host an unboxing video and some sample real life pictures. I also opted in for the 7-day CVR for an additional $99 providing me a 1-year contract. I'm excited!
For a further in-depth, turn to Dan Desilva on 9to5mac.
The new Dropcam Pro is a tremendously easy to setup and offers great audio/video quality for consumers and small businesses. The addition of Bluetooth LE, dual-band Wi-Fi, and a wider field of view are all worthy updates that help make the Dropcam Pro one of the best Wi-Fi video monitoring systems available. It truly makes >checking in on any location as simple as can be thanks to the iOS and Android mobile apps.