My family and I are very fortunite to have an amazing group of friends that we go camping with and with their guidance along with a few of my other friends, we've been rather successful.
- If possible, go camping with a friend or relative who has experience
- Try out car camping first
- Practice pitching your tent in advance
- Stick to basic and necessary gear for now
- That said, invest in high-quality basics if you can
She expands into the where, which includes car camping and backcountry camping, what to pack, footwear, equipment, COOKING, hydrating, navigating around, staying safe, animals, fire and even river crossings. It's an awesome guide so be sure to check it out! I sure as heck learned quick a few things!