The Anker 40W 5-port Family Sized USB Charger is by far the best charging station to carry with you on layovers, or have available at home when entertaining guests. More often than not, I've been finding myself in either the crew lounge, a hotel room bunking it up (read: saving money) or even around the airport scrambling to find a wall socket. Everyone needs to plug in usually via USB and charge their device so why not share a port? It's also the best way to become the most popular guy sitting at that lonely corner charging up your phone and / or tablet.
- Smart ports, powered by PowerIQ™ technology, intelligently identify each connected device and speak its language - guaranteeing the fastest charge time for EVERY device (up to 8 Amps among 5 ports).
- The size of a deck of playing cards (3.6 x 2.3 x 1.0in) and unibody design for added portability.
- Industrial-grade plastic construction and premium circuitry ensure lifetime reliability.
- AC 100-240V input voltage ideal for international travel.
- Package contents: Anker® 40W 5-Port Wall Charger, 5ft / 150cm detachable power cord, user manual.
At the same time, why not grab a 3-foot USB Lightning Cable that's Apple Certified for only $14.99 so you don't find yourself standing too close to everyone! I grabbed two back in December and it's saved us that claustrophobic feeling. The only issue that I've had is that sometimes the Lightning Connector portion is too thick to bypass some cases but it's awesome nonetheless.
If you thought the more durable, reversible, minimal size but extra cost Apple Lightning Connector was to swallow or adapt to, check out the new definition of ugly and awkward. Yea it's backwards compatible and can draw up to 900 milliamps, but this micro USB isn't pretty. Mind that you also don't plug it in wrong or you might damage the entire port. You can take one home soon when purchasing Samsung's latest Galaxy Note 3. /s
via Android Beat