a Crazy 10 hour duty!

It all began with last night's debacle in trying to depart Atlanta for Wilmington, North Carolina. I dutied in early and decided that since the screen said that the aircraft was at the gate, I would show up early and get going. I showed up to the spot at 2030 (8:30pm) and didn't see anything. I went back in the Crew Lounge and tried to find more out but didn't get anywhere. Finally, I got a call from Flight Ops and they told me to call the tower to ordered up a shuttle to transport us to the aircraft at Delta North which was on the other side of the airport. After a 3 different phone calls, a shuttle ended up picking us up 1.5 hours later. It was ridiculous! Then, we got to the aircraft, and there was no cleaning done, the aircraft was filthy, didn't have any catering, the lavatory was broken and deferred and the aircraft needed to be turned around. I was beginning to feel like it wasn't meant to be. I got the chance to taxi on Atlanta's new Taxiway Victor which is pretty out there on the departure end of 26R and 26L. I'm just going to make this story short, but after it was all said and done, we needed to get de-fueled, catered, cleaned up and boarded. About 3.5 hours after our scheduled departure, we finally left ATL for ILM. We made up a little time, but I got to sleep around 3:30AM. It was almost like a nap. I didn't have to meet the crew until 12:00 for the shuttle over to the airport which was okay but of course, the morning was a little rocky. I started up waking up at 1 hour intervals again from 8-10, then I setup my final alarm for 11:00. My phone's charging port is a little loose, so every time my phone vibrates, it comes loose and it just deactivates the alarm. It really stinks because that's what probably happened. So, I woke up at 12:00 exactly. I through my pants on, packed up and left for downstairs. On top of it all, there wasn't any power to the entire building because of the electrical shutdown they had planned and I had to find the stairs in the dark, ended up at the side of the hotel, ran to the lobby and forgot the lunch box. I went back upstairs to grab it, and it was all good. I thought that I lost my pajama shorts but I found them when I went to use the restroom. I ended up wearing them underneath my uniform pants! That was fun.

Well, after a 4 leg day, ILM-ATL-PIA-ATL-ATW, I'm resting in the Hampton Inn waiting for a 1500 (3:00 pm) departure. I went swimming tonight by myself and will try to work out tomorrow. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I was able to get some good sleep on the Tempur-pedic Mattress in Wilmington. You have to love the Hilton there. The Hampton is nice because they have breakfast in the morning. I can't wait. I just have to wake up now. =)

Diet for today: Banana, Apple, Orange, Nature Valley Granola Bar, trail mix, small bag of hot cheetos, peanut and butter jelly sandwich, waters, Zesty Lemon Pepper Starkist Tuna Packet. It was a good day but too bad that I dont' have that much left for the next two. I have to restock on the fruits or something tomorrow morning. Till then!